- All our gold plated jewelry have a thick layer of 24K and 18K gold (0,5 – 4 microns), which offers long endurance and excellent quality in the color of the plating. However, all gold plated jewelry are liable to lose their color overtime. The fading of the gold plating depends on various factors, such as direct contact with chemical products used for skincare, level of perspiration or even your natural skin PH* (please read below for plating & pricing). For this reason, it is important to take special care of your gold plated jewelry:
– Avoid direct contact with perfumes, creams, sunscreens, acetone, detergents.
– Do not store your jewelry in the bathroom or any humid spot. Water does not affect the quality of the platting, as long as it doesn’t stay on the jewelry. Sea water can affect the brightness of the color plating.
– Store your jewelry away from natural sunlight and heat. For gold plated jewelry we recommend placing them in a protective (lined) jewelry box, or in a plastic zip lock bag made of polyethylene. Please note that our boxes and pouches are not made for long-term storage for our gold plated jewelry, as they are not airtight.
- All our silver jewelry are made of solid Sterling Silver (925), with a mat or shiny finish. Silver is a precious metal and similar to most metals, it tarnishes over time – we beleive this is part of its natural beauty. The tarnish will show up as a discoloration that may eventually turn into black. The speed at which sterling silver tarnishes can be affected by its general surroundings and environment, even by the food and water you may consume.
We would recommend as a general guideline, to avoid coming in to contact with the following, as they can tarnish your Sterling silver items: smoke, solvents, some paints, perfumes, creams, vinegar, detergents that include phosphates, acetone.
Use a polishing cloth to remove mild tarnishing marks, combined with silver tarnish removal products, such as SILVO, for heavier tarnishing. Use a small piece of cotton to apply the tarnish removal cream by rubbing the silver in small circular motions. Once the tarnish has been removed rinse the silver item in water, wash your hands thoroughly and dry the items well. We offer a polishing service to your Danai Giannelli silver jewelry, free of charge (shipping costs are not included).
Repairs & re-plating
Quality and craftsmanship are of great importance for the brand. All DANAI GIANNELLI pieces are carefully handmade to last in time. If you need to repair a piece, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at (+30) 2106722471. We can only accept repairs for items purchased directly from us.
All repairs are assessed on an individual basis. After we receive and examine the specific piece, we evaluate the cost (if any) of the repair and we proceed with it only after the customer’s confirmation.
In case you want to re-plate your DANAI GIANNELLI jewelry, please contact us and we will re-plate it with a small charge. In both cases (of repairs and re-plating) the shipping cost to send the jewelry to us and back to you, is paid by the customer.
Plating & pricing
*Regarding our gold / silver / rhodium plated jewelry, our aim is to satisfy our customers from around the world and allow them to enjoy our jewelry for the longest possible time. When a customer wants to refresh the plating, the procedure as mentioned above, is that she/he must send it back to us and pay for shipping cost, the small charge of the re-plating and also the shipping cost to send it back to the customer. Since shipping costs from around the world can be significant and sometimes even deterrent, we decided to strengthen the quality of the plating for all the pieces of our Collections that are gold, silver or rhodium plated and are made for customers from outside Greece and this way, improve their endurance and ensure even better quality. Therefore, they have a thicker and stronger layer of plating and a higher selling price accordingly.